PDA

View Full Version : Fall Leaves

Anita Bower
11-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Taken in Washington State in October. 50mm lens, f2.5, ISO 200, 1/200.
I believe I used Topaz Simplify. Also, Viveza.

Dennis Bishop
11-27-2013, 11:30 AM
There's a lot I like about this. With the colors and the application of Simplify, it has a wonderful, vibrant graphic quality. The out-of-focus background with the additional tree trunks is very effective, too. It seems a bit top-heavy, though, and I've scratched my head a couple times about how to make it seem less so. I'd be tempted to increase the saturation of the background. That would make the bottom stronger, and the pinks, there, would echo those of the leaves at the top to tie everything together.

Nancy Bell
11-28-2013, 08:08 AM
I really like how Simplify simplifies the details to put the emphasis on the vibrant color of the leaves. Good choice. I like the composition with the simple lines of the bkgd trunks and path; plus the inclusion of a few dark branches reaching upwards through the leaves.

Anita Bower
11-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Thank you Nancy and Dennis. :-) I tried adding saturation to the bottom part, but didn't quite like the results. I intend to try darkening the tree trunks in the background, but won't get to it for a week.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
12-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Anita,

Greetings. The fall colors are great. A little top heavy as Dennis mentions. A quick try at a solution:

Just duplicate and a multiply blend, opacity to taste, masked for just the bottom. I would work the mask a little more, but this is just an idea.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Hazel Grant
12-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Michael, like some of what youdid, but think you lost detail on the tree trunk which adds to the photo. Anita, nice to see a good use of Simplify here. Gives a modern look to a traditional source.