PDA

View Full Version : Budgy

Lance Peters
05-11-2008, 01:59 AM
These little guys are very hard to capture in the wild - don't stay still for too long.
Perhaps the background is too distracting.

D3
ISO 400
F5.6
1/250TH
+1.OEV
Sigma 500mm @500mm

Eye lightened in P.S.

Thanks

lance

Harold Davis
05-11-2008, 04:39 AM
another nice capture, lance!! the bg isnt that bad except for the white area right of the bird's face. maybe you could tone it down a bit. i like the careful framing of this one. i think it works here, but do wish for a little bettr head angle. nice work.

Alfred Forns
05-11-2008, 08:12 AM
Agree with Harold Just a step to your right would have moved the white spot. The bird feel large in frame would give more room.

Not familiar with that bird but seems it should be brighter? The exposure compensation seems good. Crop wise as presented would give more room up front and crop from the bottom. I'm sure they do dart around and are difficult to photograph!!!

Gus Cobos
05-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Fine looking bird Lance Agree with Al and Harold. All nits covered...Congrats...:D keep them coming.

Oscar Zangroniz
05-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Great Capture lance, do agree about the background. Might be worth trying to clone it out.
Regards

Simon Bennett
05-14-2008, 02:28 AM
A lovely capture of male Red-rumped Parrot. I think it could be a touch brighter, and perhaps needs a tad more sharpening. I find that high pass sharpening in Photoshops works well with parrot plumage.