PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Thankful for Family

Jackie Schuknecht
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
This is my niece's youngest boy at the cottage. Tried to make it like a snapshot you would put in a photo album. Used DAP Portraitist, CS brushstrokes filter and the NK Analog Camera Kit filter for the photo frames. He is a happy guy!

Dennis Bishop
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
I like the subject, your initial capture, and the processing. Making it look like a snapshot was very fitting, but I find the intensity of the black border a bit distracting. Toning it down to a dark charcoal would still give the snapshot look but probably wouldn't compete as much with the rest of the image for attention.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
I like the subject, your initial capture, and the processing. Making it look like a snapshot was very fitting, but I find the intensity of the black border a bit distracting. Toning it down to a dark charcoal would still give the snapshot look but probably wouldn't compete as much with the rest of the image for attention.
Thanks Dennis, sometimes it is hard to see what others can see. I removed the black frame and just left the inner one.

Diane Miller
11-26-2013, 12:55 PM
What a cutie!! That's such a wonderful age!!!

I find the blue at the bottom pulling my eye -- what would you think about cropping from the bottom just enough to remove it? Might take it to more of a portrait level than a snapshot, but it would feature the beautiful expression a bit more.

OnOne Photo Frame has some snapshot borders that are very interesting.

I'd also think about lightening the BG and darkening the boy a little, increasing contrast there. A quick Shadows-Highlights can preview the possibilities.

Nancy Bell
11-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Totally adorable! I like the more subdued border and a great composition with him at the top of the slide. I see what Diane means about the lower bit of blue. Maybe play with it some to reduce the intensity. I like the crop as it is.