PDA

View Full Version : Dunescape b&w#2

peter delaney
11-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Another image from my B&W Dunescape series. Nikon D3S 70-300mm 1/500 f6.7 iso 320

Steve Kaluski
11-26-2013, 03:42 AM
Now this really is 'my cup of tea' Peter, or should I say Java. It really does suit the choice of medium used, excellent work and illustrates the baron/starkness of the location. Love the light and strong blacks with the delicate detail of the swirl of the sandstorm.

I would ask for a print, but I guess it's stacked behind the Godfather, LOL.

TFS
Steve

David Stephens
11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Stunning composition. The dust rising behind the dead tree really makes this image.

Anette Mossbacher
11-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi Peter,

this is fantastic done. Love it from right to left and top to bottom.

Have a great eve

Ciao
Anette

Don Railton
11-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Hi Peter. I Agree.. This is stunning. I like it even better than the last you posted. The light on the rising dust frames the tree beautifully with just a tint of detail in the foreground as a lead. Perfect..! As a 'by the way', I saw the tree as a hand with the index and thumb pinched together. Not sure why this thought come to me, but it did.

thanks for showing

DON

Rachel Hollander
11-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Peter - fantastic use of light and shadows. The dust takes it to a whole other level. Print it very big and sell it often! Love it.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
11-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Peter, another fantastic B&W image...the tree and swirling sand are beautiful. Excellent work!!!

Andreas Liedmann
11-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey Mr B/W
really like this , the design , the PP on it, all is coming together ,well done :cheers:.
Have to revisit the place .
But i am picky from time to time, so i would find a bit better , if the diagonal dune line starts right in the ULC.Just a little thing to do, WDYT ?

TFS Andreas

Diane Miller
12-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Wonderful drama here!! I love that dust swirl, and the tree is amazing!

I've heard so many times not to have a diagonal exit the frame right at a corner, and honestly, I've never felt it was a strong issue. Would be interested in others' comments on it. I do agree that having something such as the tip of a leaf just touching an edge creates a point of tension, but just never quite saw the diagonal and corner issue that way.

Don Railton
12-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Wonderful drama here!! I love that dust swirl, and the tree is amazing!

I've heard so many times not to have a diagonal exit the frame right at a corner, and honestly, I've never felt it was a strong issue. Would be interested in others' comments on it. I do agree that having something such as the tip of a leaf just touching an edge creates a point of tension, but just never quite saw the diagonal and corner issue that way.

Hi Diane
Strictly speaking, the top LH diagonal does not intersect with the corner, although its is VERY close... I wonder if this is intentional by Peter given your comments? In my opinion the intersection of the diagonal with the corner would not change my impression of this image, it still would be absolutely stunning, but I will also admit that I don't look for some refinements in an image that others might...

DON

Chris Ober
12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Just to echo the rest, well done!

Morkel Erasmus
12-12-2013, 04:27 AM
Loving this series, Peter!!
:5 :cheers: