PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Fire and Ice Thanksgiving Card

Judy Howle
11-25-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm thankful that I was able to witness the spectacular display of lovely fall color AND enjoy lots of snow (at the higher elevations) at the same time during our late Oct/early Nov. trip to the Smoky Mountains last year. Those memories will last a lifetime as snow is rare here especially with fall color still lingering.

I edited this last year and I think I used Topaz Simplify mainly. I recently transformed it into a card and I used Exposure 5 to add a light leak, toned down, which added some red tones to the bottom of the image. I erased it from the top edges and sky. I also created the border with strokes.

PS: I printed this base image last year for an exhibit at the Arts Center and it didn't sell so I put it in the current "open" exhibit (not juried and limited to $100 or less prices to encourage gift buying) and a friend emailed that she bought it last week! Yippee!

Dennis Bishop
11-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Nice colors and a beautiful scene. As I was enjoying it, I noticed that the curve of the profile of the hill in the foreground coincides with the top of the yellow leaves on the left side. It made a nice flow. But, then, I noticed that the bright yellow in most of the trees ends at the profile of the hill. Is that real or did it happen in processing?

Thanks for the Thanksgiving greeting.

Nancy Bell
11-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Beautiful fall scene with the layer of brilliant yellow trees followed by the subtle colors and layers of hills topped with the mountains white with snow!

Jackie Schuknecht
11-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Beautiful scene and colours Judy! It sure looks like a wonderful place to visit. Congrats on the sale!

Anita Bower
11-26-2013, 06:24 AM
A lovely image. Love those trees, their color and the effects of editing. Congratulations on selling the print! This image captures the fall colors, and the bands of changing color all the way to the snow and sky. Well done.

Diane Miller
11-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Gorgeous -- love the color gradation!

I'll add my Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Judy Howle
11-29-2013, 01:01 AM
Thanks everyone! Sorry to be late answering but it's been a busy week.

LinzRiverBalmer
12-01-2013, 06:10 AM
Gorgeous Card.... Gorgeous Image.... Gorgeous Memory to have.

Love it all around.