PDA

View Full Version : A warm touch to the cold Tusker

Anette Mossbacher
11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Thought I accompany Rachel's break up of predators with this flippers in the warm sun.
Early morning on the island Moffen, normally closed during summer for public feet. After September 15, public feet are allowed to enter. We have been told to be the first ones!
While crossing the island, it is not higher than 3m, to the Walrus we had to watch were we have been walking. In the middle the island it looked like graveyard for animals. It was covert with skulls from Walruses and other animals I could not identify! Those have been more than old, nearly stone old!

Walrus flippers
MKIV
ISO 2500
f/8 1/1000

LR usual pp. CS final steps, Levels Curve and Mid-tones adjustments. Sharpen in CS6
C&C always welcome :wave:

Hilary Hann
11-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Hi Anette,
I keep looking at this and am not quite sure what to make of it. I love the beautiful light, it is just superb but I'm not sure about the composition's strength. I'm not sure what I'd do differently or whether to treat it just as an abstract body part and enjoy the warm colours for what they are. Not very helpful I'm afraid so hope that someone else can give a bit more help.

Andreas Liedmann
11-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Hi Anette,
i am sorry to say this is not grabbing me, i am like Hillary some kind of no idea what to do with it to make it look better from my POV.
The thing that grabs me is the beautiful lightning and the rim lights,but there are some issues for me like the horizon through the fluke, the detail that is somehow visible and somehow not enough…….!The comp mmmmhhhhh!?!

The only thing that could work for me is a silhouette or kind of ………maybe.

Just being honest

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
11-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Hi Hilary and Andreas,

thank you very much for your honest comments, always appreciate those very much, that s what I want. For the comp, I was before posting well aware that many do not like the comp at all and that it does not give you , here in the forum, the wow and great effect. It does not need to be always a wow or great effect to have for me, that is me. Feel free to crop in any way you might think. It is FF
As well for the mods, you can delete if you like :))
I will be gone till tomorrow eve. My next reply has to wait till Monday!
Thank you very much
have a great weekend
ciao Anette

Rachel Hollander
11-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Anette - I've looked a couple of times as well. I like the idea and that you continue to experiment. The warm light is great but I kept thinking you needed a bit stronger rim light and a darker silhouette. However, the problem with a darker silhouette is that you lose the fact that it is 2 flippers and the silhouette looks funny because it's 2. So I think your choice to show some detail is a good one. So this is my long way of saying I think you needed more cooperative walruses so that there was only one flipper raised. I agree with Andreas about the horizon intersecting the flipper but doubt that you could have gotten lower to raise the flipper above the horizon.

Have a great weekend and TFS,
Rachel

Andreas Liedmann
11-23-2013, 08:58 AM
THanks Rachel ------ flukes for whales and flippers for all seals or relatives,right, dumb german.

peter delaney
11-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi Anette

Nice to try something new … but often they do not work out .. sorry the composition is just not strong enough .

Steve Kaluski
11-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Hi Anette, I like the warm tones & colours on this and great to see an alternative POV.

I don't have an issue about the horizon as it's quite subtle, allow if you were lower looking more up it may resolve this however create, more, or bigger issues. I don't think even putting the flipper more to the left could help. There is some more detail you can, if you wish extract from the main flipper/fin.

TFS
Steve

PS I would look to 'knocking back' the opacity in your © it's a little dominating, thanks.

Anette Mossbacher
11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Thank you very much everybody for your time to comment. I highly appreciate it.

Steve, I was already flat on the ground, was no way to get deeper. I used my camera bag as tripod, or better said as a bean bag. Worked out well.
Will keep it in mind with my watermark and opacity.

Thanks a gin

Have a great Sunday eve

Ciao
Anette

Steve Kaluski
11-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks a gin

Yes please, are you buying? :bg3:

Anette Mossbacher
11-24-2013, 03:39 PM
lololol, great typo :bg3:
Cannot change it, Edit button is already gone. Yes I buy the gin, you just need to come over Steve :w3
Ticket is on you, I will pick you up at airport, 20min drive and you are in our holy cave ( house ) :w3

Anette Mossbacher
11-24-2013, 03:42 PM
and if the above is wrong again, than I blame it on all food I had to eat the last couple of days on the Birthdays parties ( 2 of those ) and my 3 hour drive back home. 180-200km on German Highway YEAH, with a few interruptions. Than the slow poke highways of Swissyland with 120km, yawn :c3: