PDA

View Full Version : Groom in white

Oscar Zangroniz
05-10-2008, 09:40 PM
This handsome guy was courting his lady today at Flamingo Gardens.

Nikon D300
Lens: Nikon 70 to 200mm 2.8 vr
Focal length: 155mm
Shutter speed: 1/1600 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Exposure mode: Av
Exposure compensation: -1/3
Flash: Off
ISO: 400

Thank you for all your comments.

Alfred Forns
05-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi Oscar Light was not kind to you on this one !!!

I like the cropping idea and head position. Would suggest stopping down a lot for this type image. Lower the shutter speed since you are at 155mm with a vr lens!! Dof is what you need !!! Fill flash would have helped a lot !!

Gus Cobos
05-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Oscar,
I like the composition, but agree with Al on this one. Also for my personal taste, I would zero in closer to the subject...:cool:

Harold Davis
05-11-2008, 11:36 AM
hi oscar!!! nice peacock. agree with al and gus. closer would be better. those feathers would make a great abstract!! i have to make it down there sometime.

Judd Patterson
05-12-2008, 09:05 PM
A lovely peacock and such a great subject...awesome! I think your composition works pretty well, but I would agree that f/2.8 does not provide you quite the DOF...be sure and put that great VR lens to work! The overall image also seems to be lacking fine feather detail. I'm not sure what step(s) are the main culprits (maybe noise reduction, or just trying to increase apparent DOF with oversharpening) but I'm sure that your camera/lens combo are certainly capable of much more crisp final images. Keep at it and please photograph this gorgeous bird again if you have the chance. :)