PDA

View Full Version : My first IR shot

Oscar Zangroniz
05-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Was out today experimenting with a Nikon D70 converted for Enhanced Color IR Filter (665nm) Infrared LifePixel Standard. Did some minor adjustments in CS3 and this is what I came up with.
Thank you for your comments.
Regards

Michael Pancier
05-10-2008, 09:41 PM
congrats on joining the ir world. looks very cool.

Roman Kurywczak
05-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Oscar,
I like the play of the colors and tones.......but compositionally this isn't working for me as the eye is looking for a focal point and the only part that grabs the attention is the bright palm in the LR FG. Maybe including all the tree would have helped?? Have fun playing!

Harold Davis
05-12-2008, 06:54 AM
agree with roman on this one. congrats on the convert!! wonder where you got the idea;) i was wondering if there was anyway to convert this to true IR in PP or will it just be for color?

Robert Amoruso
05-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Oscar,

Like the technique and the colors. Agree with Roman on the composition. A wider view here and balancing the large tree - which is very cool - with smaller FG elements IMO would strength the image greatly. The palm in the FR FG as Roman mentioned could be better placed in a wider view. Keep them coming.

Gus Cobos
05-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Very nice Oscar,
I like the colors, looks funky, no nits from me; all have been said...:eek: Looking foward to seeing more of this type...keep them coming...;)

Sid Overbey
05-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Very cool Oscar. I like the look. Can't wait to see more of these from you.

Sid

Paul Pagano
05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Interesting colors working here. I agree the comp could be improved. Would like to see others done this way.