PDA

View Full Version : Potted Gerberas

Julie Kenward
05-10-2008, 09:08 PM
I know its May when the Gerbera daisies start to pop up for sale. I bought two today - this beautiful hot pink one and an incandescent orange flower that is sure to show her face around here before too long.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM
1/60 @ f3.5, ISO 200
Handheld, natural light, very overcast sky
Shot & processed in camera raw; tweaked with an "ethereal glow" action in PS.
Very slight crop.

John Cooper
05-11-2008, 02:08 AM
Wow Julie, it reminds me of a flamming torch!!
Really like the beneath-the-flower presentation, selective focus and the ethereal glow treatment!
The stem and RH corner though are a tad too bright for me, but a very impressive composition!!

Gus Cobos
05-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Julie,
Very nicely done. Love the back angle on the flower and the defused look...:D

Robert O'Toole
05-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Julie,

Very nice, I really like the image, the DOF, colors, comp. The soft lighting and the glow effect is beautiful.

Agree with John about the bright stem, since it pulls your eye away from the nice detailed areas of the image.

Robert

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Julie,
Do like the soft look.........which is unusual for me!..........hoep you can work on the bright spot........as that will make it a standout!

Mike Moats
05-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey Julie, I like the presentation, details and colors, and agree on the white being a tad hot as you've lost the edge of the stem.

Ed Vatza
05-12-2008, 07:32 PM
I like everything about this image except for that hot stem. The perspective is great. The colors and light are excellent. Just wish you could fix that stem.