PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter?

Bob Pelkey
11-18-2013, 09:12 PM

This image is downright weird which is why I thought I'd process it.

Black Skimmers were in good numbers at Bunche Beach Preserve this day (20 OCT 2013), as they usually are this time of year.

They allowed an opportunity to get a potentially compelling shot as they flew from one sand spit to another as the tide came in.

The image has the redeeming interest, I think, of the oddly positioned wing tips. The position of the right wing and bill is unfortunate.

If the wingtips and head were lacking their distance, the shot might be appropriate for the Easter holiday.

I lightened the image overall, darkened the brightest white, eliminated a water droplet on the bird's left leg and a distraction on the tip of the bill.

Cropped heavily with a couple rounds of minimal sharpening. 1/6400, f/5.0, ISO 800

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating it.

Bob Pelkey

http://www.swfloridabirder.blogspot.com

Daniel Cadieux
11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Ha! Nice description :-) It could also be giving the "peace" sign. I agree with your self critique and appreciate your processing info. I like the water texture directly beneath the skimmer. Too bad the front wing shaded the face and sides.

vishaljadhav
11-19-2013, 02:14 PM
I like the details produced here, that small drop falling from the beak catches my eye,
water is nice and those dangling feet are nice to look at
i guess the only thing i would have liked is the head position being over the wing separating it.
The choice of shutter speed was nice to freeze the pose rightly.