PDA

View Full Version : Little Elle

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-18-2013, 12:24 PM
A little elephant walking along with a herd at Masai Mara. I used the 70-200 f/4 IS on the 7D for this shot.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 7D (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/)

Exposure
(1/800)

Aperture
f/4.0

Focal Length
200 mm

ISO Speed

</tbody>

Rachel Hollander
11-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi Sanjeev - It's often tough to isolate a shot of a baby ele. I find the placement of the baby's head vis a vis the mother's leg to be a bit of a problem here. Perhaps giving the baby a bit more pop to separate it more and darkening the mom and bg would help. Be careful of introducing halos, there's a faint one along the mother's leg and the baby's trunk.

TFS,
Rachel

edwardselfe
11-19-2013, 05:09 AM
I like that the calf is so visible and the inclusion of the mother's rump certainly gives some sense of size. I think it needs a bit more 'POP' as Rachel has suggested, and perhaps a very careful use of clarity slider might help you here. Increase clarity a little on the calf and reduce elsewhere. Even though you had a 1/800s, sharpness is marginal and I'm not sure why.....did you use NR on the elephants which has caused some smeariness?

Ed

Marc Mol
11-19-2013, 12:35 PM
I think another issue with this image is the scaling, the baby needed to be a year younger or mum (if it is her) needed to be bigger, to make better use of the sizing impact.
TFS

Andreas Liedmann
11-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Hi Sanjeev,
i quite like the image , showing the small size of this cute elephant.Like the two lifted legs.

Technically or PP not ideally done, i think. Good suggestions to try out already made by the others.
Plus i would add a slight canvas rotation.

TFS Andreas

Anette Mossbacher
11-20-2013, 02:40 PM
HI Sanjeev,

I agree with Andreas on the canvas rotation. Looks very nice and you got already good suggestions to bring it up further.

Have a great day

Ciao
Anette