PDA

View Full Version : 1D Mark 4 Back From Service

Ed Cordes
11-17-2013, 09:08 PM
My beloved 1D Mark 4 began spitting a few error 20 codes which were quickly fixed by removing the battery for about 30 seconds and restarting. However I decided to send it in to Jamesburg for diagnosis, updating and general rehab. I got it back a few weeks ago and I am very pleased to report the following.

1. prior to sending it in several lenses needed a bit of micro adjustment in the AF. Now all lenses are spot on with zero compensation. I hav enot yet tested my 500 due to the weather being bad and to do this I have to be in the neighbor's driveway and my target in my garage. However all other lenses with and with out TCs are great without adjustment.

2. I also notice that my meter seems more accurate. I was out today making some images and noticed that for images that used to need a bit of EV compensation the exposure is great with a good histogram on EV 0. This may be jus tdue to a small sample of one day's shooting of only a few images, but it did catch my attention.

This entire situation pleases me a lot as we are getting ready for a June trip to Khutzeymateen in British Columbia for Grizzly Bear photography and obviously the camera needs to be perfect.

I just thought I would report this to the group.

Daniel Cadieux
11-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Ed, glad your camera is performing better than ever...thanks for the update!