PDA

View Full Version : Khalij Pheasant male

vishaljadhav
11-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Khalij Pheasant is one of the birds that i was aiming to shoot in my trip to the north of India, after a few days of getting fleeting glimpses of this bird one day decided to follow it into the Jungle, for around 2 hours i followed it all around without managing a single image , the light was always a challenge as the undergrowth didn't allow me great shutter speed. Once in the process i managed to get close but the male disappeared behind the bush and the female followed him , around 5 minutes later i heard a the twigs breaking and 2 birds coming rolling one over the other in my direction. I stayed put in the same place and the guys fought around 5 feet from me with the dust all over me :) not being able to use my lens due to the MFD not working i decided to just watch and it was impressive fight , lasted only 30 odd seconds and then one of the bird just ran off , the other victorious bird had all its adrenaline pumping walked around a bit and just was at MFD when i decided to click managed 5 frames in very low light as did not have much time to think, this is nearly the full frame image .

5D MIII + 400 f2.8 + 2x TC
ISO 1000, f7.1 , 1/50

The bright spot over the head was the opening in the canopy as i was below the birds level, could not avoid it.
Let me know your views

best regards
vishal

Marina Scarr
11-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Killer details and colors. You have a nice angle/pose. I like the raised crown. Wish the BG weren't so bright behind the bird's crown b/c it detracts a little bit.

Robert Kimbrell
11-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I like the colors and the sharpness of the shot You can almost feel the texture on the red mask, It a very attractive background, but I agree it is too bright just above the head.

Alan Murphy
11-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Nice detail on this one.

Stu Bowie
11-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Hi Vishal, striking colours on this fellow, sharp, and yes, the feather detail stands out nicely. The pheasant really pops against the smooth BG.

Andre Pretorius
11-17-2013, 02:53 AM
The detail and colours are amazing!

Well done on capturing this bird with such stunning IQ!

Carl Walker
11-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Beautiful portrait and IQ is super. Love the colours

Enrique Patino
11-17-2013, 09:00 AM
great details and colors. TFS

Karl Egressy
11-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Nice detail and head angle. Composition wise I would try a vertical as well to see how it works.

Arthur Morris
11-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Sharp. Great detail in the reds. And elsewhere. Bad luck on the light tan parts of the BKGR.

Girish Prahalad
11-18-2013, 07:41 AM
excellent IQ & colors along with a smooth BG, which is very rare to get when shooting in an Indian forest.

David Salem
11-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Great shot Vishal. The colors pop off the screen and the feather detail is killer. I like the alert pose too. Very nice