PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Image of the Week for the week ending Oct. 11th, 2013: Anette Mossbacher - Gustav Adolf Land, Spitsbergen, Norway

Daniel Cadieux
11-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Congratulations Anette!

A happy landing in Gustav Adolfs Land. This was a Landscape stop on our trip in the Arctic. I was glad that clouds have been in the sky to do my LE. We have been very fortunate with the weather on this trip. 70% of the trip we had sun with a few clouds.

My set up started with, find a good spot! Since we had to stick with one of the 2 guides & rifles, I had 3 options! Go to the right with one group or to the left with the other group! But there was the middle just for me. Have been alone there and found that spot. All others about 1/2 a mile away to the right & left. No rifle with me!!! Rifle was for Polar Bears, just in case.
I put up my tripod in normal position. The wind was so strong that the tripod vibrated like nuts, no go that height. I ended up to lay flat on my stomach, tripod as flat as possible, my bag used for wind cover to cover the camera from the wind.
I used a Lee BIg Stopper for this one.
LR5 adjustments as usual, final touch, Mid-tone a tad in PS6 as well sharpening in PS6

1DX ISO 50 ( L ) If I could go lower with ISO, I would!
f/22
Exposure: 186 seconds

Diane Miller
11-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Gorgeous and dramatic! Congratulations!

Sandy Witvoet
11-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats, Anette! Wonderful!

Anette Mossbacher
11-19-2013, 04:23 AM
Thank you very much Daniel.

Thanks so much Sandy & Diane :bg3:

Steve Kaluski
11-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Told you. :bg3: Not quite like Swizzyland :t3

Anette Mossbacher
11-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Have seen it Steve :w3 Thanks a lot

Norm Dulak
11-19-2013, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, Anette! My wife and I are planning to circumnavigate Spitzbergen, and this photo is inspirational.