PDA

View Full Version : Rising to the occasion - female redhead

Randy Stout
11-14-2013, 08:56 PM
This fine young lady did lots of bathing, but never flapped, just rose up after each 'bath'

I liked the subtle colors in the water playing off of her colours.

D4 600VR f/4.5 1/1600s ISO 1600 Gitzo, Wimberley. As low as I can get at this location.

Advice and comments always appreciated

Cheers

Randy

John Robinson
11-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Looks ok to me. I have this thing about reflections. The prob is you have to have ,em all in or nothing. Thats my humble opinion. To include them all you have to have a smaller main subject size- thats why I avoid them.
That,s also why I don.t go too low with my pooll shots The lower you go the worse the reflections . Its a lobg story but--------
Nice looking shot though.
Cheers
JR

gail bisson
11-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Techs look great.
Tack sharp and good detail in the feathers.
I like the slight pink in the BG as well.
From a personal perspective I would like a bit more room on the LHS to include the whole ripple,
Gail

Bill Dix
11-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Great HA, and good detail. Lovely subtle pinks and blues in the water. Twice this morning Gail has taken the words out of my mouth: I think this is a little large in the frame, and I'd back off a bit to include all of the LH ripple.

Randy Stout
11-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Thanks folks:

I don't have anymore room on the left unfort. Had some more to the right, but was centering the bird too much, hence the crop as shown.

Cheers

Randy

Lyle Gruby
11-15-2013, 09:54 AM
I agree with above, IQ is great, light is very nice, the subtly matching colors make this work even better.

Grace Scalzo
11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Nicely done, subtle colors of the background are a perfect compliment to her. Droplets are great as it the pose.

Arthur Morris
11-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I like the image. Hard to add canvas with those wavelets.... I like the tones in the water but.... The colors in the ORIG post look a bit over the top to me. For the repost I balanced the color and lowered the YELLOW saturation 5 points....

Randy Stout
11-16-2013, 05:23 AM
Thanks Artie for your thoughtful revision. How exactly did you "balance the colors" ?

Randy

Arthur Morris
11-16-2013, 07:08 AM
YAW. First I used a new technique that Denise Ippolito taught me recently: moving the R, G, and B highlight sliders to the start of the histogram data in a Curves on a Layer (Control M) adjustment. It was better but still not perfect to my eye. Then I ran an Average Blur Color Balance (as detailed in Digital Basics). Lastly I simply de-saturated the YELLOWs that had been the big culprit from the start.

I am gonna try to get Denise to do a Camtasia video on her technique.