PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise...Belfast Harbor...Maine

Michael Wayne
11-14-2013, 07:18 PM

Don Railton
11-14-2013, 11:12 PM
sweet light and colour. I especially like the bird skimming the water and the clouds. I think I would prefer the foreground without the handrails and a little lighter/more detail...

DON

Lyle Gruby
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
The light and colors are definitely beautiful. I agree I'd like the frame more without the handrails. Just curious if you tried any with a slower shutter speed to smooth the water? You'd obviously lose the bird, but if you had a version like that, it'd be interesting.

Andrew McLachlan
11-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi Michael, love the sky and the tree silhouette but not the handrail. Taking a few steps forward and to the right to eliminate the handrail and make the silhouetted tree a little more prominent against the lovely sky would have helped here. Did you photograph any alternate comps of this scene...if so I would love to see them. Look forward to seeing more of your posts here in Landscapes

Diane Miller
11-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Lovely light! And I like the sharpness of the FG silhouettes. Hate to mention it on such a pretty scene, but I would suggest straightening the horizon. (Scroll the screen up to see it.)

It would be interesting to see an alternate composition where the camera was pointed more to the right, so the whole tree was visible with the handrail leading up to it -- but I suspect the odds are that something was in the way. That happens so much.

Morkel Erasmus
11-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Some nice light here and I like the pano framing. I wish the dock/pier was on the LHS of the frame with the tree on the RHS as together they impede the view of the lovely sky and the cause the composition to be off-balance on the RHS for me...

Looking forward to seeing some more of your photos! :5
Feel free to add your critiques to other threads as well, Michael.