PDA

View Full Version : Mallee Ringneck

Gerhard Weldhagen
11-12-2013, 05:55 AM
This medium sized parrot occurs in the arid mallee regions of Australia, this one was photographed at Gluepot Conservation Park, South Australia recently. Canon 1D IV, EF 600 f4 IS, 1/250, f 7.1, ISO 125, beanbag rest from hide. Slight crop and sharpen in CS6 - critique appreciated.

Girish Prahalad
11-12-2013, 07:43 AM
lovely species. nice pose, IQ & excellent BG.

keith mitchell
11-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Hi Gerhard,i find it very hard to compose a long tailed bird such as this but looks as if you have got this right, I like the almost misty light which gives a lovely BG beautiful colours and sharpness on the bird.

Keith.:S3:

John Robinson
11-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Great detail on the bird Gerhard. I know there is not much canvas available but the bird would be nice a little higher and to the left in my humble opinion. No big deal though.
JR

Martin Dunn
11-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Another wonderful colourful bird from Australia beautifully captured Gerhard.
My only quibble is that I find the bird a bit too central in the frame and, like Johnny, I would love a bit more space to the RH side.

Daniel Cadieux
11-12-2013, 12:34 PM
There is alot more room in front of the bill than behind the tail so it is placed correctly in that sense, I only wish you had pointed your lens down more as I find it low in the frame. I also wish you had a better light angle to light the chest and belly areas. Very nice details and fantastic colours where the sunlight is hitting. Very pleasing BG too.

Greg Oakley
11-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Lovely shot Gerhard! I'd try and clone out that oof twig under the bird's beak, and possibly lighten some shadows, but otherwise a top image

arash_hazeghi
11-13-2013, 01:41 AM
nice pose and colors, I wish you had less shadows, the OOF path of the perch is a bit distracting. nice BG and colors