PDA

View Full Version : On the look out

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-11-2013, 12:30 PM
A Juve male lion at Mara triangle.
<tbody>
Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III (http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_5d_mark_iii/)

Exposure
(1/1250)

Aperture
f/4.5

Focal Length
500 mm

ISO Speed

Exposure Bias
0 EV

</tbody>

Gabriela Plesea
11-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Beautiful lion, Sanjeev! Love the pose, image nice and sharp and like that soft BG:S3: I have a small suggestion for another crop, WDYT? I also used the dodge tool just a tad, to see if I could lift the shadows on the left side of the lion's face. Great sighting, have you more images of this young male?

Kind regards,

Nancy Bell
11-11-2013, 04:35 PM
This is a lovely image with all the colors in those warm, Africa tans. Gabriel's post improves the lighting on the eyes and makes this pose captivating. The tighter crop also puts more emphasis on the lion and that gaze.

Rachel Hollander
11-11-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi Sanjeev - handsome youngster and I too like the tones and creamy bg. For me somewhere in between your comp and Gabriela's would work better. Gabriela's is a bit too tight on the lhs for my taste. This is another one where you needed to watch the whites and highlights, there are a couple of spots on the chin that look hot and lacking detail and the same with the white at the corner of the mouth. Also the mane below the ear looks like it was heavily recovered. I like what Gabriela has done to the shadows and eye. You certainly had some quality lion sightings on your trip.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Thanks all! Gabriela, I like you RP though would like it a little wider. Your eye work has done wonders to the image and I like it a lot. I do have other poses of this handsome fellow. Will post them....
Cheers,
Sanjeev

Anette Mossbacher
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Hi Sanjeev,

very nice young lion. You got good suggestions above, the RP from Gabriela looks very nice, especially the yes. With the crop I agree with Rachel a tad more space to the LHS.

Have a great day

Ciao

Anette

Andreas Liedmann
11-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi Sanjeev,
nice portrait of this young fella,like the colors and the BG.Good suggestions made by others above.
Gabriela`s crop is too tight on LHS for me,eyes are good.
I do find the tones on the back a bit flat and the tones on the LHS as viewed a bit light, could be fixed if you like to, if not ok, so only minor stuff.
Agree with Rachel about the whites.

TFS Andreas