Canon 500 f.4
iso 1000
1/6400
f4

Andre Pretorius
11-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi Giovanni

Like this image a lot.

Comp works, I am sure the masters can show how to get more detail from the Ellie.

The OOF egret distracts a bit, you could have used f6,3 and still have enough SS.

Cheers

Andre

Gregor Bergquist
11-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Giovanni

Like this one. Very nice expression on the elephant. I couldnīt help myself and play around with it a bit in LR5 for a B&W conversion. In my opinion the picture works about equal good in color and B&W.

TFS / Gregor

Andreas Liedmann
11-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Hi Giovanni,
Like the comp with the slight look back of the elephant.
I am ok with the bird , because they are there, and they should stay within the image…………..
Like the colors and tones in the FG and BG, elephant could stand a bit more tonal separation .Have you lightened the area under Elephant and between the legs, if so i would reduce it.Watch out for sharpening halos…………!

Gregors conversion in B/W is ok, but i would prefer a proper developed color image, because for a B/W the image is not powerful enough IMHO.

TFS Andreas

Nancy Bell
11-10-2013, 12:13 PM
I like the motion captured as the elephant plows through the water. The head turned back towards you gives a nice profile with a visible eye, interesting curve in the trunk and the tusks. My vote is not to have the OOF egret, but not a big issue. For this image I prefer the color version.

Morkel Erasmus
11-11-2013, 03:35 AM
Hi Giovanni.
Nice pose with just enough look-back for it to work.
IMHO the elephant/overall image is oversharpened and there's some latent magenta coming through in the elephant's skin...:e3...easy to fix.

Would love to see you add some of your thoughts to the critique threads posted by others! That way we all learn from each other and we get to know your thought processes better!
:5

edwardselfe
11-15-2013, 05:20 AM
Late to this one. For me the OOF egret is not one thing or the other....needs to be sharp, or completely out of focus, but currently not working for me. Sorry.
Ed