PDA

View Full Version : Gardening at Night

dankearl
11-08-2013, 02:57 AM
I am posting this in OOTB because it is a composite of two night photos (which is obvious is you look at star photos, the milky way is way too low).
Taken in Kauai, Hawaii, the FG is on the north shore looking north and the sky is on the south shore looking south.
I like the FG of the north shore and the sky on the south shore so I combined them.

DSC_9095bp.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=134463&stc=1&d=1383897336)

Hazel Grant
11-08-2013, 09:18 AM
That's what OOTB is about....creating. And thanks to digitals, we can combine those items we like most. Not being an astrologer, I wouldn't have realized the milky way as too low, but that does not really matter. You are creating OOTB. I'm a little bothered by that dark space in the bottom. Maybe create something to fill that? Nice post.

Satish Ranadive
11-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Gorgeous.

Regards,
Satish.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-08-2013, 11:23 AM
The sky is great. I am having trouble with so many plants being cut off. but that could just be me:).

Diane Miller
11-08-2013, 07:23 PM
I love being able to do things like this! I think I might subdue the lighting on the plants quite a bit. There's a black blob above the spiky red plant, and I'm seeing a vertical tonal discontinuity 1/4 of the way in from the left, in the sky. Maybe the edge of a palm tree layer? Its darker at the bottom and lighter at the top. Easy to fix with a mask.

I think I'd find it stronger compositionally if the Milky Way were not quite so close to the edge, but a very nice idea to work with.

Anita Bower
11-09-2013, 07:40 AM
You came to the right forum! Great idea. Some good suggestions were made above. Diane noted a few areas where the two images don't quite mesh. There are a few more on the far right side above the foliage. I hope you repost in this thread if you make changes. Welcome to this forum.

gary ellwein
11-10-2013, 01:35 AM
An eye catching creative image Dan. I agree with Diane's and Jackie's observations.