PDA

View Full Version : Introduction: oldmanwalking.

Jim Keener
11-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Greetings. I'm Jim Keener, and since I'll be 70 on my next birthday, I thought I'd take up something new. In this case, photography. Specifically, avian photography. At a time when many photographers and others retire, I'm a newbie, a rank amateur. At least I'm not sitting in front of a television. I look forward to learning from and eventually adding to this forum.

Walk well.

Marina Scarr
11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Welcome to BPN, Jim, and to the world of avian photography. You have come to the right place, and I think you are going to love it. I Hope you check out the Eager to Learn and Avian forums. There is a lot to learn and glean from those forums, as well as many others.

Christopher Miller
11-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Welcome to BPN, Jim! Looking forward to your participation here.

Diane Miller
11-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Yes, welcome!! Of course, instead of TV (whatever that is) you'll be sitting in front of a computer, if you want the best images. But you can do that after dark...

Cheryl Slechta
11-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome to BPN, Jim, and congratulations on your new hobby! You've come to the right place to share images and to learn from a lot of very talented, giving people. The best thing about bird photography is getting out and being in nature with the birds - the photography is an added bonus. I look forward to your images:S3:

Grace Scalzo
11-14-2013, 06:17 PM
Good for you, Jim. If there's anything that will keep you young and vibrant, it's this place. Lots to learn, lots to be inspired by. I look forward to getting to know you and your images.

Jim Keener
11-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Thank you all for your kind responses. I'm heading towards Texas (from California) for Thanksgiving, and on the way back thought I'd stop by Bosque del Apache. Nothing like jumping into the deep end. Walk well.

Cheryl Arena Molennor
11-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Hello Jim and welcome to BPN. Good for you keeping on the go and off the couch! :). You can learn so much here by participating and I encourage you to start submitting images as Marina said in Eager to learn or avian forums. Look forward to your participation

Randy Stout
11-16-2013, 05:35 AM
Welcome Jim:

Bird photography is a great way to keep the juices flowing; always places to go, things to learn, nice people to meet. Good choice!

Cheers

Randy

Sandy Witvoet
11-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Welcome to BPN, Jim! Congrats on taking up a wonderful passion. Will look forward to hearing more from you!