PDA

View Full Version : Tickseed Redux

Ed Vatza
05-10-2008, 10:59 AM
I posted a Tickseed image about a week ago. We had bought the plants at a native plant sale and I made a few images before planting them in the backyard. I am pleased to say that they are doing very, very well and this morning I went out and did a second round in the native flower garden.

I went all out on these images. :) Still used my Rebel XT, Sigma 150mm Macro lens, Canon 430 EX Flash with LumiQuest softbox mounted on an adjustable flash bracket and the whole rig mounted on a tripod with a Novoflex focusing rail. And I used a wired remote shutter release.

1/100 sec at f/11; ISO 400; EC -1/3; FEC -1

Robert O'Toole
05-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Nice, light is soft, cropping is nice, not too tight, and the comp with the diagional stem is good.

Only negative for me is the haloing around the petal edges.

Robert

Arthur Morris
05-10-2008, 07:29 PM
I like the framing, sharpness, BKGR, and light. The only think that bugs me are the specular highlights... Not sure how to eliminate them during capture...

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi Ed,
I've been working my way up the macros today.........best one so far! ........as for the highlights..........a little work to remove...but well worth the effort. This will make a final step for a very well done flower. Love the edges of the petals on this one!

Mike Moats
05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey Ed, you have improved alot with your flower images and this one works fine for me. Many of your comps have been from this front postition, and would like to see you experiment with some different angles of side views or backsides. Keep up the good work.