PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the Little Prince

Jackie Schuknecht
11-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Still not shooting, but I found a new acupuncturist who is great, and I seem to be improving a lot. So.....an older image. A mini-world creation, which reminded me of one of the planets in TLP. Added texture, and the birds and cat. The tree was originally a willow, but when stretched reminded me of a baobob tree.

Nancy Bell
11-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Awesome! Love how the tree branches wrap gracefully around the center and the subtle details of the blue bkgd texture. And all the colors flow together so well. The addition of the cat and birds is a brilliant idea and takes this a step beyond the mini-worlds. Hope the acupuncturist works. For the moment, maybe you are channeling your energies into this kind of creativity. I seemed to be my most creative the previous summer when I was forced to stay housebound for 2 months waiting for various repair folks to show up after my house was flooded.

gary ellwein
11-06-2013, 01:20 PM
Love the flow of the delicate wispy branches. The color and textured of the bg is perfect.

Diane Miller
11-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Striking! I love how the tree branches encircle the planet. I'd be tempted to paste in one of those shots of earth from space.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
11-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Jackie,

Greetings. What a wonderful image! Made me smile. Good show!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Mitch Carucci
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Very creative. I love this image.

Anita Bower
11-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Great work. I like this mini-world, with the cat sitting under the tree, clearly waiting patiently. The birds. The texture. The way the branches encircle the earth. I like everything about it.

Judy Howle
11-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Jackie, that is amazing! I LOVE IT!! In fact, it's my favorite mini-world of all I've seen!! You are so talented! I hope you continue to improve with the acupuncture treatments.

Cheryl Slechta
11-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Jackie, I absolutely LOVE everything about the image and TLP is my favorite book so it made it even more special to me.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
11-08-2013, 11:16 AM
I knew you would love this Cheryl! It is one of my favourites too. Thanks for the comments everyone!

LinzRiverBalmer
11-09-2013, 12:57 AM
This is exquisite.... take the cat out and it would be on my wall..... take the birds out too and I'd get it as a tattoo!!!

Very Tree of Life like.

Creativity does seem to take hold when you are stuck with your computer and not your camera. I haven't been out to shoot either, too many health issues. Going down to Festival of the Cranes for the whole she-bang in a little more than a week and my body is already yelling at me for the idea.