PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-plumed Honeyeater (Lichenostomus ornatus)

Gerhard Weldhagen
11-06-2013, 06:24 AM
One of many species of honeyeaters that occur in arid parts of Australia - this Yellow-plumed Honeyeater was photographed in Gluepot Conservation Park, South Australia. Canon 1DIV, EF 600 f4 IS, 1/320, f 5.0, ISO 125, beanbag rest, taken from hide in dappled shade. PP - cropped and worked up in CS6. Critique appreciated.

Greg Oakley
11-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Very nice Gerhard - slight head-turn woul be a bonus & perch is a bit dominant, but lovely pose, colours and detail on the bird

Norm Dulak
11-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi Gerhard.

I like the bird, perch and background. Pose, exposure and composition are excellent, although I might crop a little off the right and left sides if it were mine. Very nice.

Bill Dix
11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Lovely bird and excellent BG, well exposed. Yes, a slight head turn would have been nice, but not a deal-breaker. I sometimes find on my images that if I sharpen bird and branch on the same layer, the bird looks fine and the perch looks a little oversharp. I'm feeling just a bit of that here.

Stu Bowie
11-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Hi Gerhard, tack sharp with lots of detail, and I like how the perch runs across the frame. Lovely smooth BG too. A slightly better HA would have put this up a few more notches.

Lyle Gruby
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I'll echo what's been said, bird looks great, HA could be slightly better. I would just like to see this a little tighter. I agree with Greg that the perch is a little too dominant.

Daniel Cadieux
11-06-2013, 07:54 PM
The perch is borderline big and I agree a thinner one would work well, but the bigger issue is the head angle (which is turned away). I do love the details, well balanced comp, BG, colours.

Gerhard Weldhagen
11-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback folks, much appreciated.