Canon Mark III
Canon 600mm F.4 IS
Gitzo 1327 Tripod, Wimberly Head II
F.5.6

Elephant Head Arizona

Maxis Gamez
05-10-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Freddy,

Very nice composition and head pose. I do find the lower perch a little "unrealistic". Did you do anything else to this image??

Thanks!

Freddy Franzella
05-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Hi Freddy,

Very nice composition and head pose. I do find the lower perch a little "unrealistic". Did you do anything else to this image??

Thanks!

Hi Maxis the perch was bright highlighted it took down the brightness some and also backed off on the contrast.

Harold Davis
05-10-2008, 12:03 PM
i liked your last quail better. i think the light here was a little too harsh. i could be wrong. not only does the perch look artificial, but the bird does too. i wish the bg was all green like the left of the bird. something just doesnt seem right to me and i cant put my finger on it.

it just needed a little contrast and maybe darkening the corners a bit!!! that's all. i could post a repost if you like?!!

Freddy Franzella
05-10-2008, 01:11 PM
i liked your last quail better. i think the light here was a little too harsh. i could be wrong. not only does the perch look artificial, but the bird does too. i wish the bg was all green like the left of the bird. something just doesnt seem right to me and i cant put my finger on it.

it just needed a little contrast and maybe darkening the corners a bit!!! that's all. i could post a repost if you like?!!

Be my guest.

Harold Davis
05-10-2008, 01:44 PM
i guess this is being really brave.

Freddy Franzella
05-10-2008, 02:02 PM
i guess this is being really brave.

I prefer to drop the contrast just a bit. I tried playing with the contrast, curves, and levels they were all about the same. in your repost to me the contrast looks just a tad to much! its like some people like glossy and some like luster.I cannot tell you how many times I look at a picture I have done and gone back and played with it.

Harold Davis
05-10-2008, 02:28 PM
i hear ya!!! it was fun playing around with it though!!

Arthur Morris
05-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Freddie, The bird is sharp and the EXP is good and the perch is OK+, but the light BKGR behind the bird and the darker BKGR in front draws the viewer's eye to the back of the frame.

Lastly, I think that Maxis was asking if you did some cloning around the front of the head; it sure looks as if something bad happened to the BKGR around the front of the bir's head as the BKGR there is way funky...

Doug Brown
05-10-2008, 03:20 PM
I must agree with the opinions expressed above Freddie. I like the other quail much better.

Axel Hildebrandt
05-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Great details and pose. Maybe a bit less contrast since the light was so harsh. I might also try to desaturate the greens a few points.

Glenn Bartley
05-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Nice pose and BG. Works for me.