PDA

View Full Version : Theme image: Haunted Room

Judy Howle
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
I used 3 images from the web. Placed house underneath and used layer masking to reveal it. Used the old 1912 image of the stern looking woman. Then I added the skeleton and other brushes. Also I used a texture over all but the brush work.

Cheryl Slechta
11-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Judy, another amazing theme entry! I love the stern woman and the more whimsical skeleton and hand together. Very, very creative.:S3:

Judy Howle
11-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks Cheryl! This has been a fun theme.

Nancy Bell
11-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Judy, your theme images have been so very creative! I like the touch of color of the red hand in the upper right corner, a symbolic warning of what the rest of the image implies.

Judy Howle
11-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Thanks Nancy! (What's supposed to be going on that room remains a mystery to me.)

Anita Bower
11-07-2013, 11:06 AM
You are certainly on a roll! I hope you keep it up. Such creativity in combining images. In this one, I find the woman a bit jarring, not quite fitting in. It could be her color--grey instead of brown--or that she doesn't seem grounded in any way--just part of her body showing. I'm not sure. I do hope you continue working on these types of images, as you seem to have a good imagination for them.

Diane Miller
11-07-2013, 12:53 PM
What if the woman were a little bigger and partially overlapping the window, to ground her a little?

Judy Howle
11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Anita and Diane: Thanks Anita. I just plopped her in where she looked best in that blend mode, and at full size I think. Diane, I had to use the darken blend mode and had to put her all in a light spot or parts of her disappeared. I don't think I'll have time for a re-do as it would take time for me to figure out some other way to accomplish the look I got. I agree that she is just sort of hanging there, but I tried to move her where I wanted her and it didn't work out like I envisioned. Maybe I'll try something else using her starting over from scratch next year if we have the same theme.

Diane Miller
11-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Yes, using Darken you'd need to clone into the window to match her outline with a light area.