PDA

View Full Version : American Pipit

Tim King
11-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Took this a few falls back in Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario.
The BG is Lake of Two Rivers.
30D + 300f4 L IS
ISO 200 - f8 - 1/640
70% of FF

Best.

Don Railton
11-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Tim

Background is beautiful..! It grabbed my attention straight off the thumbnail.. Nice pose. The light looks to be a bit harsh and that and/or your sharpening has made the bird look a little over sharp to me.. Note the halo under the birds tail and belly..

thanks

DON

Daniel Cadieux
11-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Beautiful image design, colours, pose, "perch". The gradient in the BG is fantastic! Bummer about the plant obstructing the feet though, a bit of bad luck with that. Details do look a tad coarse, possibly a sharpening or resizing issue.

Jim Crosswell
11-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I like the pose, composition and BG. I agree with the harsh light and sharpening comments. Nice image Tim.

Tim King
11-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi Tim

Background is beautiful..! It grabbed my attention straight off the thumbnail.. Nice pose. The light looks to be a bit harsh and that and/or your sharpening has made the bird look a little over sharp to me.. Note the halo under the birds tail and belly..

thanks

DON

Yeah, I deserved that : ) ... I just resized and sharpened an old worked image. Was too lazy to dig out/find the original frame (which is probably a JPEG).

Daniel - I'm not a huge fan of "clean" images. But I do agree that it would benefit if the bird would've moved back or forward a few inches.

Satish Ranadive
11-05-2013, 01:58 AM
Very nice image. Beautiful backdrop. I like the pose, colors and composition.
Rest is mentioned above.

Regards,
Satish.

keith mitchell
11-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Pose ,colour and composition work very well for me, agree with Don that BG is great.

Keith.:S3:

Bill Dix
11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Great pose and background. Good comp. Oversharpening noted.

Grace Scalzo
11-05-2013, 11:49 AM
That background is beautiful. I'd look through my files and see if you might have one in the series where the feet are in the clear. Sharpening noted, I would sure love to see this one reworked from the start.