1/125
f/5,6
ISO 200
Manual Mode
cropped off the bottom

Roman Kurywczak
05-10-2008, 08:25 AM
HI Michael,
While overall everything in the image is right on exposure wise............compositionally,I find myself looking for a focal point.......and I'm not sure the palm is enough in this case. I looked at a couple of crop possibilities ..........behind the bright upper left cloud & half the water............and while this seemed to emphasize the palm and sky more .........it still didn't seem to work for me overall. It will be interesting to see others chime in.

Robert Amoruso
05-12-2008, 10:05 AM
In a general sense and this is no dis-respect to Michael on this count - since he has posted many excellent images - is that when viewing IR images, we need not let ourselves be so enthralled with the process and look of IR that we forget other good practices of landscape composition.

The reason I say this is that I first looked at this image I said "Cool" without seeing what Roman mentions - no strong compositional element to create visual interest in the image. In most instances, a successful image will have a center of interest.

I like the "look" and feel it can be strengthened by cropping out a good portion of the water due to its sedateness. I would also prefer to see the taller palm more right.

Gus Cobos
05-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Very nicely done Michael,
Love the look, It looks like the storm is coming in...good show...:D