PDA

View Full Version : Little Egret

Victor Soares
05-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Similar to the Snowy Egret found in the Americas. Very happy to get a good shot (I think?) of this guy as he is one of the simplest yet prettiest birds.

Camera: Canon 40D
Lens: Canon 400L f5.6 USM
ISO: 250
SS: 1/3200
F-Stop : 6.3
Metering : Centre Weighted
Hand held
Full Frame

Alfred Forns
05-10-2008, 08:54 AM
You did make a good one Victor !!! Would suggest having more room all around the bird and would have been nice catching the wings fully up Do like it a lot as presented. Exposure looks good even with harsh light and its all sharp. Softer light would have made a difference !!!

Victor Soares
05-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks Alfred !!
This one is full frame so (although it can be done) I don't want to add any more space around it. Light was actually quite good, but angle in relation to the sun was not the best ... but I am VERY happy with these results. Bigger image is so much nicer than at this size.

Thanks again !!

Maxis Gamez
05-10-2008, 10:33 AM
HI Victor,

Strong harsh light and contrast. You did well capturing the bird in flight but I would rather see the full wings open. I also have to agree with Al regarding adding more space at the bottom.

Thanks!

Arthur Morris
05-10-2008, 10:43 AM
I am fine witht this as is, esp. the light which I find quite pleasing. Best of all is the head angle. Al's suggestion of full wings up is a good one. Notice that where the near wing is curved a bit it is in shadow, and that the shadowed area has a strong blue cast. Best to select that with a QM and get rid of most of the blue cast.