PDA

View Full Version : Burrowing owls and a small tip

arash_hazeghi
11-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Here is another borrowing owl (both juveniles) image in last light

1DX 600II + m1.4X III f/5.6 1/3200 sec ISO 2000.

to learn about how this image (and a similar one I posted before) was created read this blog post

http://arihazeghiphotography.com/blog/is-it-the-gear-or-the-photographer/

Ágúst Svavar
11-03-2013, 07:23 AM
beautiful shot with good light and nice details. Interesting blog post!

Phil Ertel
11-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Hi Arash,

I think this is a very good image. I like the composition. The wing spread and second owl looking on is pleasing. The light beautiful. I also appreciated your link to the article on your web page. Thnak for sharing both the image and information.

Grace Scalzo
11-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Really a remarkable image. Fun to view for the playful pose of the left owl and the gaze of the other one trying to see what's going on. Quality of light is stunning. Superb processing, as is your norm.

Enrique Patino
11-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Like the large pupils... details, light, action and image IQ. TFS your blog post

arash_hazeghi
11-03-2013, 02:47 PM
beautiful shot with good light and nice details. Interesting blog post!

Hi Agust, thanks for your comments. It is great to have a member from Iceland on BPN. I look forward to your photographs so we can see the incredible sights of your country.

Daniel Cadieux
11-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Another amazing last-light Burrowing Owl image...you certainly made the most of your opportunities with them!

gail bisson
11-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the blog article. When I saw how much you can improve the sharpness of the birds that fall outside the depth of field I was impressed. Now, I am regretting the many images I have deleted that had the second bird slightly OOF:e3 due to DOF...
Beautiful image with wonderful light.
IQ excellent.
I always give extra points for 2 sharp birds in the frame!! Kudos
Gail

arash_hazeghi
11-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the blog article. When I saw how much you can improve the sharpness of the birds that fall outside the depth of field I was impressed. Now, I am regretting the many images I have deleted that had the second bird slightly OOF:e3 due to DOF...
Beautiful image with wonderful light.
IQ excellent.
I always give extra points for 2 sharp birds in the frame!! Kudos
Gail

Hey Gail,

I had plenty of shots with two and more eagles that I had to delete because one was OOF. I got lucky here since these guys are tiny and they stick close to each other all the time.:bg3:

Loi Nguyen
11-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi Arash, another amazing BO shot with not one but three in the frame. The light and colors are gorgeous. Thank you for explaining how to sharpen different strengths and radius to different subjects with varying level of sharpness. I will try next time. Loi

Doug Brown
11-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Love those large pupils and the gorgeous last light. Good tips too!

Vivaldo Damilano
11-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Stunning series of these beautiful owl's. The best part is the golden light and there eye's. Read your blog, very interesting tip thanks.

MohsenVahedipour
11-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Very nice warm light. Lovely pose & perfect HA for both owls. Also thanks for your blog article.