Ken Watkins
05-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Taken in the Liyanti Marshes, on Linyanti Bush Camp Concession 5th March 2008
EOS1D MkIII
500m IS Hand held
ISO 400, F6.3,1/1600

Alfred Forns
05-10-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi Ken Good timing on the in coming bird, good pose and not bad light angle and I like the eye contact. Exposure is good and you did focus on the landing bird. For the rest of the gang I'm not so sure? They are a bit soft since all are behind the plane, one face is hidden the others not optimal angles so they are not helping out all that much !!

My ideal image here would have been the landing duck a couple of frames before short of the perch without the others. It is a pleasing image you capture and would which mine would keep !!!!

Maxis Gamez
05-10-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi Ken,

Excellent timing and exposure. I would remove the perch in the BG, other nits mentioned by Al.

Keep them coming!

Arthur Morris
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Pretty much agree with Alfred and Maxis. Where are you from? (Please add that to your profile. Thanks) In what country was the image made?

Ken Watkins
05-10-2008, 05:07 PM
The photo was taken in the Northern most part of Botswana, on the border with Namibia. The nearest "famous" place would be Chobe NP. I am British and now live in South Africa.
Many thanks for the kind comments, I think that removing the central perch would be a good idea, but I like the other birds. I'll try in the morning and if it looks good will repost.

Ken Watkins
05-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Here is a further attempt using most of your suggeations. I thnk it looks a lot better thank you for your sound advice.