PDA

View Full Version : Bustle in the hedgerow

Kerry Perkins
11-01-2013, 08:32 PM
About the only positive thing I can say about my medical issues of the past six months is that I have a camera that is still "new" to me. I got my Canon 5D III the day before my first surgery and now, after my second one, I am still learning to use some of the features... This is an in-camera multiple exposure, using 5 exposures and moving the camera during the exposures made in high speed continuous shooting mode. I'm pretty happy with the effect that it gives, with elements of a blur as well as imparting a painterly look in addition to the multiple exposures. This is a section of our flower garden in the back, which always has nice color and flowers regardless of the time of year. I also used my new 100mm macro lens, which may have been "fighting" my movements and thereby damping the motion a bit. This image is just as it came from the camera. So nice to be shooting again!

Diane Miller
11-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Nice to HAVE you shooting again!! I've been a miserable failure at multiple exposures, in-camera or assembled in PS. This one is lovely, with the right balance of... well, whatever it takes to make a nice balance!

Look forward to seeing more of them!

Andrew McLachlan
11-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Hi Kerry, love this multiple exposure. I have just started to use this feature on my D800. They are a ton of fun and highly addictive too I think. Beautiful work!

Nancy Bell
11-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Lovely soft colors. Nice comp with the diagonal aspect with the lighter colors surrounded by the greens and purples. My results with in-camera multiple exposure have been hit & miss. I like that this is still recognizable as a flower bed and as you describe, with a painterly look.

Cheryl Slechta
11-03-2013, 11:10 AM
Hi, Kerry, it IS good to see you shooting again! It's funny, but my main reason for buying the MkIII was for the multiple exposure function and then it took me ages to use it. I love it now and I think this is a really successful, painterly image:S3:

Kerry Perkins
11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone! I feel like I've just been gone for the past year; it really has been a struggle. I actually got out to a natural area park today and walked around a bit. :bg3:

gary ellwein
11-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Good to see you back Kerry. Lovely soft pastels with good composition. The flowers look like a flock of butterflies.

Jackie Schuknecht
11-06-2013, 09:36 AM
A Zepp fan? Very pretty pastel colours and well executed overlay Kerry. Glad you are doing better:).