PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Haunted House

Judy Howle
11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
I used a Fractalius photo of one of my sunsets that I posted here before as the background. Cut out and added the building. Everything else was added with brushes. Another fun one! Last, I used the emboss filter to add some depth.

Kerry Perkins
11-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Ok, I'm completely knocked out by this one! Wow! I love the background and all the spooky elements. I see black cats, ravens, a bat, skulls, a jack-o-lantern, and a skeleton. Did I miss anything? I only wish that the steeple weren't cut off. Great job!

Diane Miller
11-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah, this is pretty much a WOW! Where on earth (or otherwise) do you get these buildings?

Andrew McLachlan
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Hi Judy, knocked my socks off too! I love your creativity here and the firey, fracted sky knocks it outta the park! Fabulous work!

Judy Howle
11-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks Kerry! I wish the steeple hadn't been cut off too, but that's the way it was.

Ok, I'm completely knocked out by this one! Wow! I love the background and all the spooky elements. I see black cats, ravens, a bat, skulls, a jack-o-lantern, and a skeleton. Did I miss anything? I only wish that the steeple weren't cut off. Great job!

Judy Howle
11-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks Diane. I just googled "haunted house" and clicked on the images that came up in a collection and went through them until I found this one and the previous one. They were located on sites that claimed to be public domain or desktop backgrounds that were free to download. There was another good one I thought I downloaded but don't have that I might use for one more if I can locate it again.

Yeah, this is pretty much a WOW! Where on earth (or otherwise) do you get these buildings?

Judy Howle
11-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks Andrew! Haven't seen you around here in a while! I hope you'll post some images, I always enjoy them.

Hi Judy, knocked my socks off too! I love your creativity here and the firey, fracted sky knocks it outta the park! Fabulous work!

Nancy Bell
11-02-2013, 01:13 PM
This is spectacular!! I totally love the wild red sky surrounding all those cool, spooky elements. And that you put bits of red all throughout the image. Wonderful placement of the skeleton. Just too cool!!

Cheryl Slechta
11-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi, Judy, I'm late to the show but another WOW!! The fiery background really makes the image:cheers:

Hazel Grant
11-03-2013, 01:42 PM
yes to all the above! Love the fact that you blended your own images with googled ones. (not many of us would have a "real" haunted house in our portfolio) and this is one time I must say I like the frac effect. I"m still learning in that area. Not used to it yet, but well done here!

Judy Howle
11-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Thanks Nancy, Cheryl and Hazel! Hazel, I don't use Fractalius very much, I should start using it more.

Anita Bower
11-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Congratulations. this one is definitely spooky.