PDA

View Full Version : damsel

stuart wanuck
11-01-2013, 08:12 PM
nikon 800 e iso 400
180 mm sigma lens

Mitch Haimov
11-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Nice dragon, Stuart (I don't think this is a damsel) and the BG is sweet. The nearly straight on perspective works well. Plane of focus in this image is puzzling. Comp seems tight on left.

Steve Maxson
11-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Stuart. Love those eyes! This looks like a Blue Dasher dragonfly. I like the (almost) head-on view and the clean background. You also have good sharpness where you most need it. Very nicely done!

Jonathan Ashton
11-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Nice shot Stuart, I like the colours and composition - perhaps just a tad tight in the frame , maybe a little less at he top and more at the base too. The DOF is not far off ideal maybe a tiny bit smaller aperture would have given that little bit more DOF but having said that I think that is a very minor issue.

Nancy Bell
11-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I would like to suggest a slightly different crop for this dragonfly. If you have more on the bottom with the perch I would add that and reduce some of the empty space at the top. As it is now, the dragonfly is entirely in the lower half of the image and nothing in the top half. Awesome eyes and lovely soft complementary bkgd colors!