PDA

View Full Version : Osprey having a snack

Petros Petrou
11-01-2013, 12:13 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Ospreys are not common here, so I was glad to find this guy on his way south during migration. Image created during my last visit at Messolonghi, Eastern Greece.

Canon 7D, 500mm f/4L and 1.4x. 700mm, 1/400sec, f/7.1, ISO 400, EV +1.33.

Comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated

Petros

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Κανονικός πίνακας"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Doug Schurman
11-01-2013, 01:57 AM
Nice head angle, sharpness and exposure. I also like the fish in the talons.

The perch is not my favorite but with uncommon birds you take what you can get. If it were my image I might try to clone out the hole. The hole seems a bit distracting.

Otherwise I really like the image.

keith mitchell
11-01-2013, 02:52 AM
Hello Petros, the bird itself certainly fills the frame nice and sharp ,as for the perch as Doug says you take what you are given but I wonder if the perch was a bit darker it might improve it .Still a bird I have not been lucky enough to photograph so well done to you.

Keith:S3:

shane shacaluga
11-01-2013, 04:12 AM
Very nice osprey image. Good details and stands out well against the bright background

Agree with the others on the perch, but I would be more than happy with an osprey shot like this one ;)

One thing I notice is that the talons are remarkably clean and light in colour. Its probably still a young bird. Maybe burning the mid-tones a bit on the scaled part of the leg would bring out a lot more details there

TFS

Satish Ranadive
11-01-2013, 08:04 AM
Superb profile pose of Osprey, you have captured. I like the colors, beautiful eye and his expression.

Regards,
Satish.

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2013, 09:51 AM
As with the others too bad this fella did not choose a better perch, but with uncommon birds you take what you can! Love the bird's pose and there is enough subtle variation in the BG to add interest there.

MohsenVahedipour
11-02-2013, 02:16 AM
I like the feathers detail, open beak & food item. Very well exposed.TFS

Girish Prahalad
11-02-2013, 08:00 AM
excellent details & exposure. the pose & colors are top notch.

mohammad reza shahab
11-03-2013, 01:32 PM
excellent IQ & feathers detail.good exposure & pose.