PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle and his Fish

Jerry amEnde
10-31-2013, 03:10 PM
I see so many Bald Eagle shots with really harsh lighting. I liked this shot because it is not so harsh.

Canon 7D; 500mm F/4L IS USM
F/7.1, 1/2000, ISO 400
LR5: Cropping, tone adjustments, Some sharpening & Noise Reduction, NIK Detail Extractor on the White Head

...Jerry

Loi Nguyen
10-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Hi Jerry, nice pose with fish, good sharpness, head angle and eye contact. Too bad about the light, but this isn't a deal breaker here. I find the out of focus rock a tad distracting. I'd suggest toning it down a little. I wonder whether a F5.6 would make the rock more blurr and less distracting. Loi

Grace Scalzo
10-31-2013, 07:34 PM
The eagle, his fish, and the trailing droplets are super. Not so much the large out of focus rock....it keeps drawing my eye away from the action.

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2013, 09:27 AM
The eagle, fish, and water all look terrific. The OOF rock is bad luck though.

Jerry amEnde
11-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks to all for their comments. Looks like there's consensus on "the rock". I got caught up in the fact that this rock is somewhat of an iconic figure at the location I shoot (Conowingo Dam, Md.). It's actually the point of Rowland Island where it's common for eagles to fish. Other photographers on the fence will yell, "Adult fishing at the point!"

Again, thanks for the comments,
...Jerry

Mervyn Marsh
11-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Hi Jerry, I would do a crop on the photo to remove the rock and then add canvas so the rock is no longer their.

cheers,

Merv