PDA

View Full Version : The Mileage Bird

Girish Prahalad
10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
A Bar-tailed Godwit from the shores of Mulki, a small coastal town in my home state.
Made with a Canon 450D + Sigma 150-500. Lens support on a backpack.
F 6.3 | ISO 400 | SS 1/1000 @ 500mm. Manual | Eval
Levels | Crop | USM & NR on BG.

Would have loved to get a full view of the legs, but, it was not to be.

Comments & Critiques most welcome.

Grace Scalzo
10-31-2013, 07:48 AM
Girish, This is a beautiful photograph and I like your title. The rear toes visible makes the fact that we can't see the other foot fine with me...I know it's there. The composition is pleasing as well, a version with a trim from the left could be another option.

keith mitchell
10-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Hello Girish I really like the low angle of this shot and the bird itself looks well exposed and nice and sharp pity about the feet but hey! we can't always have everything we would like.Think I can see a bit of noise in the dark part of the bg but of course it could be these old eyes of mine still very nice indeed.

Keith.:S3:

gail bisson
10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
A really nice image Girish. Excellent light and walking pose. IQ is excellent and we can even see a bit of an under bite in the godwit's bill!
I like the BG. And I do miss the feet a little bit.
I would crop a bit more from the bottom to get rid of some of the OOF ( out of focus) FG ( foreground) and from the LHS to maintain the proportion.
Gail

MohsenVahedipour
10-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Very lovely low shooting angle & walking pose Girish. The light as well as IQ looks nice. TFS

Cheryl Arena Molennor
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
Nice light and detail on the bird. Also like the low angle

Daniel Cadieux
11-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I like the low angle, exposure, details. The BG looks nice overall. I like the green in upper right corner and would keep it there but would smoothen its' harder edges.