PDA

View Full Version : Poe's Ghost

Judy Howle
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Another image featuring Poe -- this time his ghost! I used a black canvas and 2 textures over it, cut out the house and foreground and layered it, plus a ghost image to which I applied Poe's image, and added the moon and raven images. I also used some tree brushes. Lastly, I added some very light fog with Color Efex.

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Great job on this one, Judy! I think you could lighten up the ghost part of Poe a little bit if that would be possible?:S3: (so he's a little more transparent).

Judy Howle
10-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks Cheryl. Here's a revised version. Not sure if it's much better but I used curves and painted white over Poe and on the moon.

Nancy Bell
10-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Judy, you have inspired me with your composite images. Lots of great spooky Halloween elements to look at here! How did you get textures to show over an all-black canvas? I tried to change a black bat and nothing showed.

Judy Howle
10-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Nancy! The textures created what you see as the cloud/sky background so when I added the bird and trees it was not all black. The two textures I added were too light so I started with black canvas and used various blend modes so the textures stayed dark like a grungy night sky. I checked and the first texture I applied twice, bottom layer normal, 2nd layer multiply mode, both at 100%. The cloud texture mode is difference at 50%. I also added a large outer glow to the moon layer. So if you want a bat to show up you will have to lighten the background. you could always try using a layer with Render- Clouds. I didn't think of that at the time. You could use dk blue and gray as the two colors and then lower the opacity of the layer to suit.

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, Judy. I've got to get busy.:S3:

Jackie Schuknecht
10-30-2013, 01:52 PM
You have created a great mood, and I love the sinister light Judy!

Anita Bower
10-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Poe has inspired your creativity!
What a good imagination you have to create such an image. I like it. I like the dark tones, the marvelous house, trees, tombstones, raven. Glorious moon. Clever approach to Poe's ghost. I think I prefer the OP, except that I like the brighter moon (but not the brighter ghost) of the second post.

Kerry Perkins
10-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Judy, you sure are having fun with this theme and I love all of your creations. This one really sets a moody tone and seems perfect for Poe. Nice combination of elements to create a spooky scene.

Diane Miller
10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Too bad Halloween only comes once a year -- I'm loving the posts! Great storytelling here!!

LinzRiverBalmer
11-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Another outstanding image.... don't hate me but without the ghost of Poe, keeping the rest, this is something I would buy and hang to hope to go to one day.

Judy Howle
11-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!