PDA

View Full Version : black balsam mountain nc

stuart wanuck
10-27-2013, 06:27 PM
nikon d 800 iso 200
70-200 mm

Diane Miller
10-27-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm on a laptop so not seeing things perfectly, but the top area of clouds seems dark. I'm also confused by the horizon -- the near mountains look OK but the distant ones and the cloud layers look off -- I'd expect those cloud layers to be horizontal.

Lovely light, but the fog on the right seems a bit blown out. Wonder how if would look with highlights and shadows tamed a little?

We're on our way home from NC, and found the colors disappointing this year. You found a good view here.

Hazel Grant
10-27-2013, 10:09 PM
with the intensity of colors here, I thought it was forest fire smoke at first. Perhaps pulling back a bit on the sat and cropping out that dark cloud to make more of a pano that shows the fog and those beautiful colors.

Anette Mossbacher
10-29-2013, 03:32 PM
Hi Stuart,

I agree with Diane, the clouds are normally horizontal, as well the BG mountains look strange to me. Just tell us a bit more about this image how you PP it and in which Software, PS CS6, LR…!

Have a great evening

Ciao
Anette

dankearl
10-31-2013, 04:09 AM
This photo makes no sense at all.
I have no idea what is going on at all, it looks like two images haphazardly spliced together.
Thanks for sharing and taking the time to comment on others.

Morkel Erasmus
10-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Hey Stuart. There's definitely a disparity in colour/luminosity between the top layers and bottom. Could you show us an unprocessed version and if you have more space at the bottom leave it in? What was the smoke/mist rising?

Norm Dulak
10-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Morkel raises an interesting point that should be addressed. And I agree that the clouds should be horizontal. But the colors and fluffy clouds in the lower portion of the image are beautiful.

Andrew McLachlan
11-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi Stuart, there does seem to be something odd happening in this photo...I will await the original capture to offer a more informative critique.