PDA

View Full Version : Green-breasted Mango female

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Good day!
Hope you are having a great Sunday.

I was very happy since I manage to get this pretty female hummer last week while doing a local workshop. For this one I used a common ornamental banana plant that some hummer species love since its nectar is quite sweet.

MarkIV+300f/4@f/11+ISO800+SS1/200+Three speedlites on bird, one on BG. Full Frame. PS

As always your comments and suggestions for improving are most welcome and appreciated :)

Miguel Palaviccini
10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Juan,

Lovely plant and background to enhance the image. I like the wing position and the tail spread of the hummer.

Do you have one with the hummer a little higher in the frame (such that the bottom of the plant isn't showing?

Miguel

Lyle Gruby
10-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Beautiful bird and plant. I agree with Miguel that a higher placement in the frame could help. I'd like to see this tighter--the bird gets lost a little compared to the big ol flower.

Stu Bowie
10-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi JC, great hovering pose from the hummer, and I like the visible colours on the fanned tail. The flower may be large, as thats how it is, it does seem to show how small the HB actually is. Im fine with the comp and placement as is.

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Hello all and thanks for your comments. In fact this is a large hummingbird, not the biggest in the country but large (5 inch). For this picture I wanted to show most of the plant to give the image a sense of size, and that is a large ornamental plant, so my image is not just about the bird but about its habitat also. Again, many thanks for your input :)

Stu Bowie
10-28-2013, 11:46 AM
In fact this is a large hummingbird, not the biggest in the country but large (5 inch).

Then that is one large plant. :w3

Karl Egressy
10-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Excellent pose, nice flower and nice composition, Juan.

Jim Crosswell
10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Excellent image Juan! I like the fanned tail, wing position, flower, BG and composition for me is perfect. I've watched the Green Hermits at this flower many times.

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Excellent image Juan! I like the fanned tail, wing position, flower, BG and composition for me is perfect. I've watched the Green Hermits at this flower many times.

Regards Jim! yes the green and long-tailed hemits love this plant! :bg3:

arash_hazeghi
10-28-2013, 11:48 PM
excellent Juan, love the pose and the nice flower