PDA

View Full Version : Lens hood cleaning

Carl Walker
10-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Everyone.
Last night I spent the better part of the early evening cleaning my gear. One area that is a concern is the inside of the hood. It collects quite a lot of dirt and fluff due to the design of material it has inside. Are there any tips or tricks that you could share that might help towards the cleaning aspect of this. Thanks and appreciate any input here.
Carl

Diane Miller
10-26-2013, 06:46 PM
I'd try sticking pieces of tape on it and letting it pull off whatever junk it can. Maybe just masking tape or something not too sticky.

Grace Scalzo
10-27-2013, 09:47 AM
I use a comination of canned air and a stiff paint brush. Also I gentle tap it on something soft to remove sand and stuff that gets wedged in the crevices.

Carl Walker
10-27-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks very much ladies. Appreciate it:S3:

Sara Harrell
02-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Hi Carl,

I have this issue - daily - as I am a "Dove Lady" (I keep them for healing and celebratory flights for folks). The pure white feathers, down, and a touch of 'dust' are forever finding the way to my lens hoods as well. I find that "Painters Tape" works very very well. It is sticky enough to clean, not cause as much felt pull (hood material) as other tapes.

Hope this helps.

Joe Subolefsky
02-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Try a lint brush used for clothes it works really well.