PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar

Nancy Bell
10-25-2013, 10:29 PM
I returned last week from a wonderful trip to the Pantanal in Brazil. One of my major targets was to photograph jaguars. I was totally amazed to see jaguars on every river trip I took! There is a particular place where the jaguars have become habituated first to fishermen years & years ago, and now to tourists. All viewing is from a boat. You really don't want to be on land close to a jaguar!

For this image I used topaz simplify 4 buz sim on the entire image. I further processed the bkgd with fractalius & topaz clean 3 degrunge.

Judy Howle
10-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Wow, what a great capture, such a gorgeous animal! The processing works perfectly for me.

shane shacaluga
10-26-2013, 11:27 AM
The original image must be stunning. I really like the PP. Needs to be on a wall somewhere ;)

Thanks for sharing

Nancy Bell
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks Judy & Shane. I posted the original in the Wildlife forum. Take a look.

Diane Miller
10-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Wonderful!! I love the different processing on the jaguar and BG!

Kerry Perkins
10-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Awesome capture and I love the treatment! Big cats are so compelling and their images lend themselves nicely to filtering. You did a masterful job with this one. Aren't they excellent swimmers too? :eek3:

Nancy Bell
10-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Thanks, Diane. Hey, Kerry, good to see you back! Jaguars are great swimmers and I have a photo of one swimming just a few feet in front of the boat I was in!

LinzRiverBalmer
10-27-2013, 01:06 AM
absolutely gorgeous!!! I would love to see a RP of the cat without filters, just PP on the BG just to see the difference.

Or maybe just brush out some of the PP on the face only, that would make the face really dramatic I think.

Any way you play it, just a really nicely done and captured image. I'd be the one saying let me off the boat.

Cheryl Slechta
10-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Beautiful image, Nancy. Must have been a thrill to see them that close.:S3:

Anita Bower
10-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Such sad eyes. Looks like s/he is posing for you. I like the processing--my focus goes right to the Jaguar, especially the face. The only slight distraction is the blue/lavender in the nose. Excellent image. What a thrill to see so many Jaguars!!!

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2013, 10:10 AM
What a thrill to see a jaguar in the wild! I like your processing, and I thought his eyes were kind of sad looking too. I'll head over to wildlife, because I want to see how close you got!