PDA

View Full Version : The Conversation

Cheryl Slechta
10-25-2013, 04:08 PM
This is another image from the Photowalk and the model's shoes (I was entranced by them) as she talked with the Walk leader. I used an OnOne Glow filter in LR5 and then desaturated a little more.

Diane Miller
10-25-2013, 05:28 PM
I like your take on this, although it makes my feet hurt to look at it.

Just has a totally off the wall thought -- wonder if the technique for wildlife, pets and children, of getting down to the level of the subject, would be interesting for feet. I can imagine it wouldn't be very practical, though.

Judy Howle
10-26-2013, 09:18 AM
Love it Cheryl! Nice composition. I couldn't take 2 steps in those shoes!!

Nancy Bell
10-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Great juxtaposition of shoe types! However the pink on the wall behind the blue jeans distracts my eye as it picks of the glow from the bare legs. Maybe reduce the effect on the wall some? I do like the glow coming through the sheer part of the dress and on the leg. Unbelievable that people really walk in those high-heeled shoes!!

Kerry Perkins
10-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Story nicely told Cheryl. I like the glow and the desaturated look as well as the tonal range. Good to see that one of them had sensible shoes... :w3

Anita Bower
10-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Excellent. The colors are just right--a bit subdued, and take my eye right to the contrasting shoes. Nice diagonal line also. This photo captures the current difference in expected dress of men and women--men casual and comfortable, women fancy and uncomfortable. :-)
What is the OnGlow filter?

Cheryl Slechta
10-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Since my shoes look more like the ones on the right I'm always amazed when women walk in shoes like the ones on the left! She walked for blocks and blocks and seemed perfectly comfortable. Anyway I have more shots of her shoes than anything else.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
10-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Hi, Anita, OnOne has free downloads for Lightroom - fast and easy to download and they include black and white filters, glow filters including some with desaturation like I used here.

Excellent. The colors are just right--a bit subdued, and take my eye right to the contrasting shoes. Nice diagonal line also. This photo captures the current difference in expected dress of men and women--men casual and comfortable, women fancy and uncomfortable. :-)
What is the OnGlow filter?

Jackie Schuknecht
10-28-2013, 10:11 AM
I just love this Cheryl!

Cheryl Slechta
10-29-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Jackie:S3: