PDA

View Full Version : Green-winged Teal Stretching In Liquid Bronze.

Daniel Cadieux
10-23-2013, 06:10 PM
I found a male Green-winged Teal roaming a local pond, a pond that has diminished quite a bit the last couple of years due to invading reeds...and this has made the normally wary teal forced to swim closer to the boardwalk. Waiting patiently for it to come closer during its round of the pond it came to stop just in front of me...and of course only when I was composed in tight that it decided to do something interesting such as a stretch! I really like the way the image turned out though, an intimate view of the said behaviour.

Canon 7D + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/5.6, ISO 800, natural light, handheld (lying flat on the boardwalk), slightly cropped left and bottom, but canvas added at top as the top-most feather was just about touching the edge, a few spots in the water removed via spot removal tool, worked on the eye's highlight in the reflection...it was a long vertical streak at first (clone tool used).

Randy Stout
10-23-2013, 07:20 PM
DANIEL:

Strong image with lots of interesting details, aided by the unusual pose. Well exposed. Very sharp, almost too sharp in some areas (cheek). Personal taste on that.

In a perfect world, a bit smoother reflection, but very hard to get.

Cheers

Randy

Satish Ranadive
10-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Excellent moment you have captured, Daniel Sir.
Great IQ, beautiful colors, nice details, tack sharp and beautiful composition.

Regards,
Satish.

Karl Egressy
10-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Fantastic details, sharpness, well framed. To me it would be a dream come true opportunity to get this close to a GWTE. Superb work, Daniel.

Don Railton
10-23-2013, 11:12 PM
It is absolutely beautiful water Dan... and the bird is not to bad either..! I would soften the reflected highlite a little..

DON

HadiAnsari
10-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi DANIEL
Great IQ, nice colors and details, Well exposed. Very sharp.
TFS

Mervyn Marsh
10-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Hey really great photo, I have noticed on this forum the posters expect perfection :) well I guess this can only make you a better photographer.

Nice work,

Merv

gail bisson
10-24-2013, 06:27 AM
This is one of these moments when your 100-400 would have come in handy!!
I really like the up close view of this skittish duck. You have beautiful feather detail.
Extra points for getting the male!
gail

Joe Murphy
10-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Excellent detail on this close-up Daniel, BG colour works well, lovely shot.

Bill Dix
10-24-2013, 02:16 PM
What an unusual pose. Worth waiting for. Lovely detail, liquid gold water.

Rachel Hollander
10-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi Daniel - beautiful light and amazing, almost dizzying detail. It was worth the wait.

TFS,
Rachel

Grace Scalzo
10-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Very pleasing....I love when a bird makes eye contact with you and then does this. To me, it shows that they are not afraid. Your exposure is perfect for those whites. If this were mine, I'd lighten the shadow in the copper water in the upper left.

David Salem
10-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Great look at one of my favorite little duck. Like it all!!