PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher Lookback

Lyle Gruby
10-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Shot her a little while back when the light and water level was more favorable on my local lake. I set up on for this perch before daylight because the light hit it first. She lit and stayed on a perch to my side for a while. I began slowly and discreetly turning my lens that way when her back was to me. She flew to this perch and almost busted me as I was pointed halfway between the 2 perches. Luckily she didn't fly off as I SLOWLY turned my lens toward her on this perch. Should have used a smaller f stop in retrospect--I forgot to breathe for a while due to my overexcitement, so a smaller aperture was way down my list of priorities at the time of capture :tinysmile_shy_t:. Small crop for comp, NR to background. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D3S
700mm
ISO 800
f/5.6
1/1000

Daniel Cadieux
10-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Looks like she is smiling at you! I would have preferred a better body angle (more parallel to the camera) but you did get a perfect head turn to compensate. Nice thin perch, and of course the spider web attached to it is excellent. Nice light too! I'd darken the pupil and remove what looks like a second catchlight, and although you did run some NR it looks like resizing has added some posterization to the BG.

Karl Egressy
10-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Love the light, pose and the spider web on the perch puts it over the top.

Don Railton
10-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Quite beautiful Lyle. Love the BG, the web and the look.

DON

Loi Nguyen
10-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Lovely image of a king fisher in beautiful light. Excellent details and sharpness. Yes, I'm with Daniel on the body angle, but she did give you a nice head turn. Loi

arash_hazeghi
10-24-2013, 12:49 AM
nice light and pose, the spider web adds more interest! I also see some posterization in the BG

nice light on the KF

Martin Dunn
10-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Very cheeky looking kingfisher Lyle.
neat pose and the perch had interest too.
You didn't say which kingfisher it is though

Mervyn Marsh
10-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Hey Lyle,

No complaints from me, this is great I really like it :) the spider web gives it a nice feel too.

Cheers,

Merv

gail bisson
10-24-2013, 06:32 AM
I am really enjoying your KF series.
I like the light on the KF and the spider web rocks,
Gail

Grace Scalzo
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
The spider web was a nice surprise when I opened this image. I can't add much to what's already been said other than I really do like this one!