Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = Nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Tripod.

Mitch Haimov
10-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Nice family of mushrooms in peak condition, Adrian. The caps appear to have a texture that wants to be touched. I like that the stipes are not all vertical and that there is one mushroom off to the side. The comp works well; another option would have been to include more within the frame up top--not because it is too tight but simply to include more of the greenery hanging down, which provides a nice contrast to the subject and ties in the the bits down below. Semi-softness of BG doesn't bother me at all, but I do wish all the shrooms were sharp.

Jonathan Ashton
10-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Well exposed and fine detail, a very natural looking image. They look very much like sulphur tuft. I like the moss on the top and the way the log on the left frames the fungi. If I was being picky I could say that from a presentational point of view the fungi look crowded but this is how they grow. .... and I like the image as it is.

Steve Maxson
10-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi Adrian. This is an attractive grouping of mushrooms and I like the even light and the diagonal comp of the scene. This looks very nice as presented, but I'm wondering if it would be even better if you could have increased the DOF to get all of the mushrooms (and the background) in sharp focus? As I'm sure you already know, this could be attempted by increasing the f/stop and/or moving a little farther away from your subject (and then cropping more in post). Just a thought. Overall, this is very nicely done!

gary ellwein
10-26-2013, 11:57 PM
The contrast of color and texture between the mushrooms and bg log is effective. The diagonal lines work. The bits of green fern provide accent color. Well done.

Adrian David
10-27-2013, 05:46 AM
Thank you very much!