PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on the wings...

George DeCamp
05-09-2008, 06:33 PM
http://decamp.net/bpn/gator_0198.jpg

Snowy Egret, Alligator Farm, St Augustine Florida

I made this image with the gang from NY when we went to the Alligator Farm last week. I am tossed between liking and dumping this image. I like the reflections in the underneath part of the wings but not sure others will because they don't have a lot of detail because of the reflections. So go at it and let me know what you think....I would certainly appreciate the thoughts! :)

D3, 200-400VR, ISO 200 , Manual Exposure (1/800, f8), Hand Held

Alfred Forns
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
HI George Not sure about this one either Light was so harsh when we took theses its difficult I'm struggling to find one to keep !!! the ones by the green reflections worked out a little better but not all that much !!!! ...have to vote for Cyberspace :(:)

Linda Robbins
05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi George.

While there are good facets to this Image, I think I have to give this one a thumbs down. The head angle is good, and you did a great job with this difficult exposure. However, the reflections under the wings along with the blurry near wing have created too much confusion in the image to my eye.

Fabs Forns
05-09-2008, 09:17 PM
The color of the reflection on the wings is what's really bothering me, maybe if it were green...

LouBuonomo
05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Most of mine are in bit bucket already from those runs.....

Lou

Maxis Gamez
05-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi George,

Another negative vote. I wish the reflection were green, anyhow, I think you did a fantastic job capturing this little guy in flight and with a nice head angle.

Bob Ettinger
05-10-2008, 02:22 PM
It looked good on the back of the camera but not so here.

Phil Seu
05-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I like it. the parts of the bird that are well exposed and sharp pop nicely against the rest of the image.

phil seu