PDA

View Full Version : Fall Colors

Marina Scarr
10-22-2013, 04:45 PM
This is an image I took in NC 3 years ago. I then played around with a few filters, including the plastic wrap filter (and a few others which I didn't keep track of), but never posted. I thought it looks pretty interesting and is a far cry from what I am used to doing. If anyone would like to see the original image, please let me know and I"ll dig it up.

Canon 5D, Canon 70-200L F4 IS @ 200mm
F16, 1/15sec, ISO 100, manual mode
Handheld

C & C always welcomed and much appreciated.

Christopher Miller
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Very interesting effect, Marina. I like the complimentary colors with the orange leaves against the blue BG.

James Shadle
10-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Very cool!
So cool that at first glance(and before I read your comment) I thought the leaves and tree limb were captured in ice!

Cheryl Slechta
10-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Hi, Marina, I like the complimentary colors and the filter - it does look like it's encased in glass. I think you could explore cropping from the top to eliminate a little of the two upper branches that curve - maybe just above the curve?:S3:

Nancy Bell
10-23-2013, 04:44 PM
The plastic wrap makes me think this was etched in wax. I especially like the effect on the tree trunks and that light blue center. The yellow leaves create a lovely curved frame around that point. I agree with Cheryl about cropping just a bit from the top. For me that would add emphasis to the bluish center point, which almost appears as moon glow.

Marina Scarr
10-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Ok I did a little cropping all around. What say you now?

Thank you for the advice. I personally think it look a little better.

Cheryl Slechta
10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi, Marina, I like it better also:S3:

Diane Miller
10-24-2013, 02:31 PM
I shoot reflections like this whenever I find one -- love them!! I never thought to do an effect like this, and really like it. Ice it is!

Marina Scarr
10-24-2013, 05:01 PM
This didn't start out a reflection, Diane. It's just a tree, branches & foliage with sky in the BG. I've attached the original with no changes.

Diane Miller
10-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Wow. Blame it on being on the iPhone tonight. Or being tired.... You did a wonderful transformation on it! The leaves look like they are floating.

Kerry Perkins
10-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi Marina, this is a really interesting image and I'm glad you decided to work on it. I think it does trick the eye into thinking it is a reflection, but if you look closely it looks more like a bas-relief style. I do like the second crop better, as it looks much cleaner to me. Cool to see you posting here! :bg3: