PDA

View Full Version : A Dinosaur strolled by....

Richard Unsworth
10-22-2013, 01:35 PM
:S3:

Near Fatima in Central Portugal there is a place where one can see where Dinosaurs walked.

It was the floor of an ancient shallow see with mud; many Dinos walked there and you can see their footprints

I used a texture and Topaz detail to highlite this one.

Interesting idea or not?

Doug Brown
10-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Hi Richard. I'm not sure this belongs in Avian. Where would you like the thread relocated to?

Richard Unsworth
10-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi Doug
Lol, no more dino's needed eh?

thought I was posting in OOTB!
Sorry

Marina Scarr
10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
I really like this Richard. Never knew there was actually a place in the world where one could see these footsteps. I like how you have accentuated the footstep.

Christopher Miller
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Not sure what I think of this one, Richard. It took me a while to figure out that the reddish area was the dinosaur footprint. Maybe a little more contrast would make the depression of the track stand out more. The image also looks a little dark to me.

James Shadle
10-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes OOTB is a good choice:bg3:.
Reminds me of the 1998 Godzilla movie.

Richard Unsworth
10-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Thanks

Now, another interesting thing is this area was part of Canada way back!!

I have a few more to play with

Cheryl Slechta
10-23-2013, 01:53 PM
I like this, Richard! I think you could have a little more detail (or tonal contrast) in the footprint but I think it's cool the way it is. Looks like an aerial shot:S3:

Richard Unsworth
10-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks Cherl

I have found some more of these with more depression so...

did you see this print is in Canada technically, thats where the shallow sea was, fascinating

Nancy Bell
10-23-2013, 04:35 PM
I'm impressed that this is an actual dinosaur footprint! I see the same issues with this image that I had with taking pictures of lava in Hawaii. It is so cool to see in person but difficult to translate the subtle textures into a flat image. Good suggestions already above. Maybe play with a black & white version with more contrast?