PDA

View Full Version : Common Snipe.

keith mitchell
10-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Nikon D4 +Nikon 300ml 2.8
1000sec @f4 iso 500.

I try every year to get up on the moors in the North of England it really is a great place to visit full of breeding moorland birds and beautiful flower filled meadows. This bird was taken against a backdrop of Buttercups and Kingcups hence the yellow bg.
Thanks for looking any C&C much appreciated.
Keith:S3:

Steve Kaluski
10-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi Keith, I feel you can afford to loose some image off the top and go to a landscape format, think it fits the content better. Love the rustic weathered post against the soft, muted pastel shades of the BKG. I'm away so can't really comment too much on colours, but overall it looks great. At f/4 it's given you a very pleasing BKG an having the subject almost side on has given enough detail. Whites look good, but I like the subtle details captured in the bill. Having the post at a slight angle adds a bit more interest IMHO.

I might have to press you for where these hang out, like the Black Grouse. :bg3: You do very well with close encounters.

TFS
Steve

gail bisson
10-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Love the BG on this image.
I would take a bit off the top as Steve suggests and sharpen the eye and face a bit more. ( maybe it is my tired eyes after a long day at work?)
Perfect HA as well.
Very nice image and TFS,
Gail

christopher galeski
10-23-2013, 12:47 AM
nice image,love theBG,nice pose,agree on taking some off the top and a bit more sharpening on the eye and head.TFS.

Karl Egressy
10-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Nice head turn, eye contact and nice background.

keith mitchell
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Thanks Guys must say I did intentionally leave a lot of the BG which I do like but I take your point.:S3:

Satish Ranadive
10-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Superb image. Wonderful backdrop. Like the pose, colors and composition.

Regards,
Satish.